Coca-Cola unveils first UK umbrella campaign
LONDON - Coca-Cola is embarking on an unprecedented campaign to promote its full portfolio of drinks brands to a health-conscious public, whose appetite for carbonated drinks is receding.
The campaign, created by Vallance Carruthers Coleman Priest, uses Coke's iconic bottle shape as an outline, but gives equal prominence to a wide range of the company's fruit juice and water brands.
The multimillion-pound "World of refreshment" campaign will run across consumer lifestyle titles, on the illuminated sign in London's Piccadilly Circus, and online at www.refreshinglife.co.uk. TV activity is not planned, although Coca-Cola is not ruling it out.
One supermarket buyer warned that it could be "dangerous" to associate all 19 brands with Coke because of health concerns.
A senior marketer at a rival drinks firm claimed a multi-product approach would help Coke avoid censure over health concerns about sports sponsorship. An industry analyst added that the ads would help Coca-Cola trade off its "brand icon status".
In the past three months sales of Coke-owned carbonates have grown in a sector that is in overall decline.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on Marketing
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...