Fairtrade rum to make UK debut
The Organic Spirits Company is to launch the UK's first Fairtrade spirit brand under the Utkins name.
Utkins White Rum will be sold from the end of this month in major multiples including Asda, Sainsbury's and Morrisons, as well as the off-licence chain Booths.
The spirit is 100% organic and will sit next to the firm's organic gin, whisky and vodka products. Priced £11.50, it will compete with conventional rum alternatives such as Havana Club and Bacardi.
The launch of the rum will benefit 800 sugar-cane farmers in Paraguay who will receive a cut of total sales.
Utkins will be exported to Europe, Australia, the US and Hong Kong.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)