Fairtrade rum to make UK debut
The Organic Spirits Company is to launch the UK's first Fairtrade spirit brand under the Utkins name.
Utkins White Rum will be sold from the end of this month in major multiples including Asda, Sainsbury's and Morrisons, as well as the off-licence chain Booths.
The spirit is 100% organic and will sit next to the firm's organic gin, whisky and vodka products. Priced £11.50, it will compete with conventional rum alternatives such as Havana Club and Bacardi.
The launch of the rum will benefit 800 sugar-cane farmers in Paraguay who will receive a cut of total sales.
Utkins will be exported to Europe, Australia, the US and Hong Kong.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...