Fairtrade rum to make UK debut
The Organic Spirits Company is to launch the UK's first Fairtrade spirit brand under the Utkins name.
Utkins White Rum will be sold from the end of this month in major multiples including Asda, Sainsbury's and Morrisons, as well as the off-licence chain Booths.
The spirit is 100% organic and will sit next to the firm's organic gin, whisky and vodka products. Priced £11.50, it will compete with conventional rum alternatives such as Havana Club and Bacardi.
The launch of the rum will benefit 800 sugar-cane farmers in Paraguay who will receive a cut of total sales.
Utkins will be exported to Europe, Australia, the US and Hong Kong.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)