Fairtrade rum to make UK debut
The Organic Spirits Company is to launch the UK's first Fairtrade spirit brand under the Utkins name.
Utkins White Rum will be sold from the end of this month in major multiples including Asda, Sainsbury's and Morrisons, as well as the off-licence chain Booths.
The spirit is 100% organic and will sit next to the firm's organic gin, whisky and vodka products. Priced £11.50, it will compete with conventional rum alternatives such as Havana Club and Bacardi.
The launch of the rum will benefit 800 sugar-cane farmers in Paraguay who will receive a cut of total sales.
Utkins will be exported to Europe, Australia, the US and Hong Kong.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London