BBH signs up Ben Affleck as face of Lynx
LONDON - Bartle Bogle Hegarty is plotting a radical change of direction in its long-running Lynx campaign, employing the actor Ben Affleck as the star of its new commercial.
The ad, which was directed by Danny Kleinman and shot on location in Los Angeles, sees BBH ditch its long line of geeky male leads in favour of a dose of Hollywood charm. Affleck appears at a fee reputed to top £1 million.
Affleck, 33, is no stranger to commercials work. The star of 'Pearl Harbor' and the critically savaged 'Gigli' starred in ads for Burger King when he was a child and, more recently, promoted the L'Oréal Elvive haircare range in the UK in an ad in which he enjoyed the affections of a Jennifer Lopez lookalike.
Lynx last used a celebrity in its UK television advertising in 1997, when it ran work featuring the Friends actress Jennifer Aniston.
BBH's most recent UK television work for the Lynx brand was a series of commercials demonstrating the magnetic effect the body spray has on women. Lynx is sold as Axe in the US, where it is understood the ad starring Affleck will not air.
No-one at either BBH or Unilever would comment on the news as Campaign went to press.
Affleck who also starred in Kevin Smith's 'Chasing Amy', 'Dogma' and 'Jersey Girl' is set to marry former 'Daredevil' co-Star Jennifer Garner.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on Campaign
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...