David Tennant signs for more Doctor Who as promotion for series two gets under way
LONDON - David Tennant has signed up to star in the third series of the BBC's 'Doctor Who' revival as promotion for the second series gets under way.
According to reports, Tennant, who replaced Christopher Eccleston after the first series, has agreed to stay with the show until 2007. His sidekick Rose, played by Billie Piper, will also make an appearance, although the Daily Mirror is reporting that she has quit the series.
The news comes as the BBC unveiled a new campaign to promote the series, promising viewers: "Think you've seen it all? Think again." It was created by Red Bee Media and will launch this Saturday.
There is also a separate trail to promote what the BBC has dubbed "Tardisodes", which fans can receive by texting Tardis to 81010 or by visiting the BBC website. Tardisodes are extra footage and back story for characters that will not air on television. Each episode is between 30- and 60-seconds long.
Kerry Moss, drama marketing manager at the BBC, said: "Red Bee Media has created an exciting and engaging campaign that builds on the impact of the first series and Christmas special.
"The campaign speaks to child and adult fans alike, promising a brand new set of adventures with the Doctor and Rose."
The trails were directed by Sarah O'Gorman, written by Lisa Gledhill, produced by Jane Booth and overseen by creative director, Ruth Shabi.
In the second series of 'Doctor Who', viewers can look forward to a passionate kiss between the Doctor and Rose, as well as an appearance from comedian Peter Kay, who is to play a "cold and serious" character called Victor Kennedy.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...