Podcasting sampled by almost two million people
LONDON - Almost 2m adults have listened to a radio programme downloaded to their MP3 player, according to radio audience measurement body Rajar's first attempt to measure the popularity of podcasting.
The 1.9m people who have sampled podcasting account for 14.8% of MP3 owners, according to Rajar. A quarter of the UK's population or 12.8m adults now own an MP3 player.
Rajar has provided the data as part of its quarterly measurement of radio listening, which includes data for listening via traditional analogue broadcast and new digital platforms such as DAB.
The number of adults who are able to listen to radio via digital platforms has increased from 25.5m in the first quarter to 27.1m in the second quarter of this year.
Digital platforms have all seen an increase from last quarter with DAB penetration up from 13.6% to 15.3% of households.
Online listenership is also on the rise with the proportion of the population who have listened to radio on the internet is up from 20.8% to 22.8%. Those who have listened via digital TV is up from 36.5% to 38.9% and the number who have listened via a mobile phone is up from 8.8% to 9.7%.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...