Leo Burnett opens virtual agency in Second Life
LONDON - Leo Burnett and Arc Worldwide are launching a creative department in the virtual world Second Life.
Called Leo Ideas Hub, the department will bring together more than 1,600 creatives from the global network.
Devised by Leo Burnett London, the project will be a centre where creatives can interact with colleagues from around the world working on briefs, sharing ideas and showcasing their work.
However, the Ideas Hub could expand to offer commercial opportunities. The hub will be open to all players, including those from the client world.
Jim Thornton, the executive creative director at Burnett, said: "The major benefit to us is that it brings together a global creative community in a way that we can't do in the real world. We can flex the muscle and potential of what is a massive creative community.
"The hub is then free to grow and develop into whatever. I don't know what it's going to become. We will judge commercial opportunities on their merit when they appear."
Early plans include moving its "Music Artists in Residence" event into the game, where Burnett staffers who are members of bands can put on gigs and play live music.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Online Marketing Manager - Client Side - London Major Players £45000 - £600000 per annum, London
- Web Conversion Analyst Better Placed Recruitment £20000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits, North West England
- Artworker - Mid-Weight Major Players negotiable, London
- Digital Senior Sales Executive Ultimate Asset £28000 - £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London