Shell backs Ferrari F1 with world's costliest ad
LONDON - Shell is to seal off the City of London and turn it into a mini Grand Prix-style racing circuit, as part of the filming of an ad highlighting its partnership with the Ferrari Formula One team.
The ad will feature Ferrari F1 cars racing through some of the world's most famous cities, including New York and Sydney.
The London leg of the ad, being created by JWT London, will be shot on 17 February, with the execution set to air globally in March.
Ferrari F1 test-drivers will be used to race the cars in all the cities except for the final straight in Sydney. A Ferrari enthusiast and owner of one of the marque's recent F1 cars will drive the final leg.
The Ferrari activity follows last June's "Made to move" campaign. The multimillion-pound global campaign was the first advertising to be run by Shell since the launch of Optimax in 2001.The most expensive ad to date is widely acknowledged to be British Airways' "face" ad from 1989.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £27000 per annum, Southampton