Diet Coke Plus to target health-conscious consumers
LONDON - Coca-Cola is entering the healthy drinks market by launching Diet Coke Plus in the UK, which contains added vitamins as well as being sugar-free.
The drink is aimed at Diet Coke fans, who are mainly women in their 20s and 30s, and claims to help them to "keep up with today's hectic lifestyle".
Diet Coke Plus, which is already available in the US and Belgium, will launch in the UK from October 2007 with an extensive marketing campaign including TV, print, outdoor advertising and PR.
This is the first time Coca-Cola has added health benefits to one of its sparkling drinks in the UK.
Diet Coke Plus will be available in two variants, one with vitamins B3, B12 and vitamin C, and the other containing antioxidants with added green tea and vitamin C.
Coca-Cola claims the 350ml bottle contains 52.5% of the recommended daily allowance of those vitamins, and helps maintain a "healthy immune system".
Cathryn Sleight, marketing director for Coca Cola Great Britain, said: "The launch of diet Coke Plus is in response to consumer feedback around their changing lifestyles and needs.
"Diet Coke Plus offers two great ways for consumers to enjoy their favourite diet Coke break while getting a bit extra to see them though the day."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...