Diet Coke Plus to target health-conscious consumers
LONDON - Coca-Cola is entering the healthy drinks market by launching Diet Coke Plus in the UK, which contains added vitamins as well as being sugar-free.
The drink is aimed at Diet Coke fans, who are mainly women in their 20s and 30s, and claims to help them to "keep up with today's hectic lifestyle".
Diet Coke Plus, which is already available in the US and Belgium, will launch in the UK from October 2007 with an extensive marketing campaign including TV, print, outdoor advertising and PR.
This is the first time Coca-Cola has added health benefits to one of its sparkling drinks in the UK.
Diet Coke Plus will be available in two variants, one with vitamins B3, B12 and vitamin C, and the other containing antioxidants with added green tea and vitamin C.
Coca-Cola claims the 350ml bottle contains 52.5% of the recommended daily allowance of those vitamins, and helps maintain a "healthy immune system".
Cathryn Sleight, marketing director for Coca Cola Great Britain, said: "The launch of diet Coke Plus is in response to consumer feedback around their changing lifestyles and needs.
"Diet Coke Plus offers two great ways for consumers to enjoy their favourite diet Coke break while getting a bit extra to see them though the day."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London