Chemical Brothers team up with Google Earth to promote new album
LONDON - The Chemical Brothers have joined forces with Google for a user-generated content push promoting a single from their forthcoming best of album 'Brotherhood' through the search giant's Google Earth application.
The British dance duo have challenged fans to produce a short film or photograph based on the theme 'Midnight Madness' that will become part of a music video to accompany the single of the same name.
The best work will be edited by producers Nexus, made into a music video and premiered on The Chemical Brothers website and YouTube as an exclusive in the same week 'Midnight Madness' is released, August 18.
The work can be submitted as a film that is anywhere from 2 to 20 seconds long, which is inspired by the midnight theme and related to a specific point of origin.
Entrants will upload their work onto Google Earth via The Chemical Brothers' website, where they can tag its exact location.
Given that not all of their fans will be budding filmmakers, The Chemical Brothers are also allowing fans to tag and then launch their favourite track from their location on Google Earth.
This will enable anyone using Google Earth to click on a location and discover which Chemical Brothers' track a fan has chosen as their favourite.
'Midnight Madness' is released as a digital download on August 18 and the long player 'Brotherhood' is released on September 1.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London