Twitter unites users for global fundraising push
LONDON - Twitter users around the world are using the micro-blogging website to organise special fundraising events, dubbed Twestivals, to raise money for charity.
The events, or "tweet-ups'" will be held on February 12 and will raise money to support charity: water, a not-for-profit agency aimed at bringing clean drinking water to people in developing nations.
The individual Twestivals are being organised by volunteers and 100% of the proceeds will be directed towards the charity.
There are over 100 cities officially signed for the event across Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
In London, where the first Twestival was held in 2008, the first 350 tickets sold out in just over an hour. An additional 150 tickets will be released Friday (January 23) at noon for the event which is being held in East London's Shoreditch studios.
The London Twestival Twitter page has over 400 followers and separate spill-over events are being planned for those unable to get a ticket.
Amanda Rose, Twestival organiser, said "We're already blown away by the global reception and how keen people are to invest their time and energy for free, to the Twestival and get behind charity: water.
"Social tweet ups like this are a great way to meet the faces behind those avatars while raising a lot of money for a fantastic cause.
"Twestival is organized 100% by volunteers and 100% of all event proceeds will go directly to support charity: water projects in developing countries, which will positively impact the lives of thousands."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...