Distillery launches first English whisky in 100 years
LONDON - In a case of selling sand to the Arabs, a Norfolk distillery is set to offer the first English whisky in 100 years and target it north of the border.
The English Distillery Company will be launching its 'Chapter 6' whisky on 16 December. It will go on sale in markets such as Germany, Japan and Canada and a 700ml bottle will cost £34.99 in the UK.
It has given itself a tough task of selling the spirit in Scotland, arguably the home of whisky. To do this it has been sending out emails featuring iconic English branding including a bulldog and an image of St George slaying the dragon.
The distillery went into operation in 2006 and was opened in 2007 by Prince Charles. The drink has had to be stored for three years to be officially classed as whisky.
Despite the prevalence of pub closures and tax rises on alcohol, whisky continues to sell well. Recently Diageo announced plans to double production of Bushmills whiskey, which is distilled in Northern Ireland.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...