BMW ramps up ecommerce offering with eBay store
BMW, the car manufacturer, is launching a store on eBay UK to meet demand from motoring enthusiasts looking to buy original car parts online.
BMW: eBay part sales
BMW claims to be the first carmaker in the UK to sell directly through eBay UK.
From today, 'BMW Direct' will be selling parts and accessories, such as brake discs and car care products, which would have previously only been available to purchase from BMW dealerships.
BMW will also be selling merchandise from the store.
Carl Sanderson, general manager of aftersales development at BMW, said: "We recognise that there are customers who wish to buy BMW products but do not necessarily want to travel to a BMW dealer to make a purchase. As such we see eBay as the perfect solution for them.
"By embracing this modern retailing approach, we believe we can engage with and satisfy a number of additional customers through what is a new retail channel for BMW," he said.
Motoring has become a major focus for eBay and in September last year it launched a Motoring Services Hub, which offers car-related products and deals from partners including Confused.com and Warrantywise.
According to eBay, motor parts and accessories is one of the most popular categories among its 96 million worldwide users.
It receives over 600,000 searches for BMW every month, according to Angus McCarey, UK retail director of eBay.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...