IPC Media hires Kevin Heery as digital technology director
IPC Media has appointed Kevin Heery as digital technology director, replacing Kelly Waters who is leaving to emigrate to Australia.
IPC Media: The Blue Fin headquarters in Southwark
Heery joins from IPC Inspire where he was digital director. In his new role, he will report to Neil Robinson, digitial director, IPC Media, and will lead a 70 strong digital technology team. He will be responsible for all product development and digital technology across IPC.
Heery joined IPC in April 2001 as technical and production manager on NME.com, and became head of online for IPC's men's and music titles in 2004. He joined the IPC Ignite board as director of digital development in 2006, before expanding his remit to cover all of IPC Inspire's titles.
Robinson said: "This is an excellent appointment for IPC. Kevin has had great success in his IPC career, most notably in his work with NME.com, Nuts.co.uk and, more recently, Mousebreaker and Feelgood games. His advice and knowledge have influenced so many of IPC's digital developments.
"I would also like to take this opportunity to acknowledge Kelly's work at IPC. His legacy is significant, he has transformed IPC's capability, confidence and success in web development, and has built a team that both he and they should be proud of."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager AF Selection Up to £30,000, Manchester
- Head of Client Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - to £150k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £150k, Central London
- Group Account Director, Digital role, fashion and beauty brand, £80k MODA consult £80k + excellent benefits, Central London
- Head of Digital Marketing - Nottingham Trent University Stopgap £70000 - £79500 per annum + benefits, Nottingham
- Senior Research Executive - Boutique Research Agency NG Digital Marketing up to £35k, Central London