House of Fraser to launch trial 'buy and collect' stores
House of Fraser will open two "buy and collect" stores as it attempts to capitalise on the strong growth it is seeing in online sales.
House of Fraser: to open two buy and collect stores
The stores will open in Liverpool and Aberdeen, cities that currently have no House of Fraser branches but receive a high volume of online orders, and are designed to serve as collection hubs for online orders.
The stores will have a customer-service area and changing rooms where customers can see if their items fit, receive an immediate refund, or order a different size.
The news comes after the retailer announced its online operation had delivered sales growth of 107.1% in the six months to 30 July.
John King, House of Fraser chief executive, is expecting online sales to exceed £100m this year, which will represent a doubling of sales compared to the previous year.
Other retailers are rolling out similar "buy and collect" services.
Tesco head Philip Clarke has said Tesco will double its "click and collect" stores by the end of the year, while online retailer Amazon is launching a "click and collect" service at shopping centres around the country.
In July, closer rival John Lewis announced plans for a new, smaller store format that would not hold its full lines, but would "maximise the opportunity for online shopping".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Programme Evaluation Analyst Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000 + bens, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...