Mercedes seeks social media shop
Mercedes-Benz is looking for an agency to handle its social media activity.It has contacted agencies directly, inviting them to compete for the account.
Mercedes-Benz: contacted agencies about social media
Mercedes has told them that it will shortly issue a tender for the business as it looks to build social media activity.
The brand is aiming to reach a younger audience via social apps. Its recent "escape the amp" campaign, through the incumbent ad agency Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, incorporated social activity alongside traditional media.
Other recent social media activity included a platform for van enthusiasts called MyVan and sponsorship of the London Fashion Week, which was promoted via the @MercedesLFW Twitter feed.
A spokeswoman for Mercedes said: "We are reviewing our social media evolvement as part of our overall marketing communications strategy to make the brand more relevant and appealing to a new and younger audience."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London
- Ad Ops Executive Dot-Gap £22k, Central London
- Programmatic Account Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London