Dove seeks 'brand love' with strategic shift to Facebook
Unilever is switching the focus of its Dove marketing strategy to Facebook, saying it views the site as the best platform to develop "brand love", as it continues to encourage "eye-to-eye connections" with its audience.
Dove: launches self-esteem activity on Facebook
Fernando Machado, global brand development vice-president, Dove Skin, said the social-media network is key to engaging with consumers one-on-one, despite the difficulty in measuring ROI.
He said: "I didn’t make the call on developing this based on ROI, it was based on community.
"Other brands think advertising on Facebook doesn’t pay back, but for Dove, this is the right thing to do."
The company has rolled out a "Dove ad makeover" Facebook app in the UK after it tested well in Brazil and Australia.
The app allows users to replace "negative" ads for products such as weight-loss supplements with "positive" Dove ads that boost the recipient's self-esteem and have been paid for by the brand.
The activity will support upcoming above-the-line marketing for Dove's 'Campaign for Real Beauty' initiative.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...