Department of Health plots direct and digital consolidation
The Department of Health has launched an estimated £50 million "winner takes all" pitch as it looks to consolidate its digital and direct accounts into a single agency.
Department of Health: direct and digital review
Between 20 and 30 shops were invited to a briefing last week. Fifteen have since been shortlisted and five will be invited for a creative presentation, with an appointment due on 1 October.
The DH review coincides with the Government’s failure to meet its promised deadline for the release of the tender to obtain a place on its post-COI creative agency framework.
The Cabinet Office had originally said the tender would be released in July after approval by other departments, but sources said this is now likely to be pushed back until 10 August at the earliest, pending this approval.
The Cabinet Office was unable to confirm this, but one agency new-business director described the delay as "an utter shambles".
Despite the delay, the DH is pushing on with its own review of suppliers, which also involves a separate review for the advertising for its anti-smoking campaign.
A spokesman said the appointment of a single agency to handle direct and digital activity would create efficiencies and make it "easier" to get its messages across.
The DH has previously used agencies including Partners Andrews Aldridge, CMW, EHS 4D, Iris and Kitcatt Nohr Digitas.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...