More than half of small and medium charities' social media not integrated with comms
More than half of small to medium-sized charities do not believe they have an integrated social media strategy, new research has revealed.
Social media: Often not integrated with charity comms
A report by the Unity Trust Bank has revealed that 54% of charities and social enterprises with a turnover under £5m said that their social media strategy was not very integrated or not at all integrated in their comms or fundraising.
The survey of 160 charities also revealed that only 8% felt there was a high level of integration.
One respondent told the UTB: ‘Our social media strategy and fundraising strategy are entirely separate. We haven’t yet explored any ways to join them.’
The report also revealed that most small and medium-sized charities complained about time being a constraint. Some 72% of respondents said they only had occasional social media support, when someone had the time.
Three-quarters of the organisations polled had a presence on Facebook, while 71.3% were on Twitter, 35.6% were on YouTube and 34.4% were on LinkedIn.
The report, entitled ‘About That First Tweet’, includes a practical guide to social media for charities and social enterprises.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Marketing Executive - Marketing Communications Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, London