Nuts introduces premium online payment model
IPC Media's Nuts magazine is to charge for some online content for the first time in a move to maximise revenue that could roll out to other titles in the publisher's portfolio.
Nuts: introduces payment model
A number of videos will be available in a new Nuts VIP section on the magazine's site that have been created by the title’s editorial team and are available on a pay-per-view basis.
Videos included photo shoots with the Nuts models and interviews. The new payment service has been provided by MPP Global Solutions, "to enable the monetisation of content on nuts.co.uk."
MPP said it would utilise a number of their award-winning eSuite products to tailor a solution specifically to Nuts’ requirements.
Jo Smalley, publishing director of Nuts, said: "Driving publishing revenues in the digital age is an increasing priority.
"We are pleased to be working with MPP Global Solutions, their advanced payment solutions products will enable us to successfully monetise our content online without jeopardising the experience for our loyal users."
Paul Johnson, chief executive of MPP Global Solutions, said: "The publishing sector as a whole is widely embracing the shift to digital and it is imperative for publishers to ensure they continue to drive revenues in a digital-only world.
"We are looking forward to leveraging our award-winning payment systems to help create a seamless and secure payment journey for Nuts' users."Follow @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)