Confused.com launches quirky campaign to highlight gender directive
Confused.com has launched a YouTube campaign that features a male "anti-hero" making light of the new EU Gender Directive, which will eradicate gender-based premiums.
Confused.com: YouTube series shows male driver testing benefits of being a woman
The video campaign series follows the escapades of Britain's "worst driver"as he obnoxiously tests the benefits of being a woman.
Confused.com devised the campaign as a means of drawing attention to the new EU Gender Directive, which will mean that reduced premiums for females will be a thing of the past.
The video campaign follows the life of Charlie DeFouncs, who according to the video series, has been named as Britain's worst driver. The series follows DeFouncs' driving and records his terrible road manners and obnoxious personality, which earned him his infamous title.
But as the cameras roll, the videos show DeFouncs beginning to realise the benefits that can come with being a member of the fairer sex – for example, noticing that women are more likely to be let out at junctions and get free drinks at bars.
DeFouncs therefore begins to alter his appearance, donning make-up and a wig so that he's mistaken for a woman in order to "get out of" certain situations.
The 'Britain's Worst Driver' video series is complemented by several video diary entries made by DeFouncs himself, as he learns how to apply make-up in order to fully embrace his new female role.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...