British Airways apologises for offensive tweet
British Airways has issued an apology to consumers through its Twitter account after re-tweeting an offensive message that was deleted almost instantly.
British Airways: apologises on Twitter
The airline's @British_Airways account has 211,609 followers. On Saturday it re-tweeted a message that used the racist term "g***" and the phrase "f**k off back to where you came from," according to reports.
Consumers re-tweeted the message and British Airways deleted it quickly.
The airline then issued an apology to its followers, which said: "We apologise for the offence caused. We are currently investigating how this happened."
The apology was then retweeted by over 160 followers.
The original message was sent by a user called Jae Jang Ladd, who tweeted: "@British_Airways F*** you. F***** cancelling my flight! #bunchofc****".
Another Twitter user called Asian Ronaldo re-tweeted Ladd’s original message, adding the offensive statement: "go back to your f****** country you g***". This was the message re-tweeted by British Airways.
It is thought that British Airways officials are now investigating the possibility that the account had been hacked.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London