Tesco rolls We7 brand into Blinkbox
Tesco has dropped the digital music service We7's brand name, rolling it into its non-subscription digital film and TV service, Blinkbox.
Blinkbox: launch campaign by Karmarama
The supermarket bought a 91% stake in the digital music service, which competes with Spotify, for £10.8m in June, as part of its strategy to expand its digital entertainment strategy.
It is also bringing its digital book service, Mobcast under the Blinkbox name to create a unified digital entertainment brand. Tesco is dropping the We7 brand name immediately.
The supermarket chain is putting greater marketing muscle behind Blinkbox, rolling out its first ad campaign for the service – in which it owns an 80% stake – earlier this month.
It is aiming to take on the pure-play digital entertainment services by tying the service into its multichannel offering. Rival supermarket Sainsbury’s recently entered the digital film market, through a partnership with Rovi.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...