Facebook launches Graph Search and injects search into social
So Facebook's big and much speculated announcement isn't a search engine to rival Google as such, but it does involve search, as last night it took the covers off what the company is calling "Graph Search".
Mark Zuckerberg: Facebook chief executive at the launch of Graph Search
Facebook wants to introduce the essence of social networking to search.
What it doesn't do is challenge Google's control of the search engine market and the huge revenue stream that represents.
What Facebook announced, at its press conference at its Menlo Park headquarters, is something called Facebook Graph Search. It will allow users to search their network for photos, people, interests and places.
Chief executive Mark Zuckerberg said Facebook Graph Search was the third pillar of Facebook.
He said: "We have the social network, now we can truly search it."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Designer (Packaging, Brochure, POS, Retouching) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer (Branding, Marketing, POS, Packaging) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London