Facebook launches Graph Search and injects search into social
So Facebook's big and much speculated announcement isn't a search engine to rival Google as such, but it does involve search, as last night it took the covers off what the company is calling "Graph Search".
Mark Zuckerberg: Facebook chief executive at the launch of Graph Search
Facebook wants to introduce the essence of social networking to search.
What it doesn't do is challenge Google's control of the search engine market and the huge revenue stream that represents.
What Facebook announced, at its press conference at its Menlo Park headquarters, is something called Facebook Graph Search. It will allow users to search their network for photos, people, interests and places.
Chief executive Mark Zuckerberg said Facebook Graph Search was the third pillar of Facebook.
He said: "We have the social network, now we can truly search it."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Comms Account Manager: £35k Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Client Service Manager - Media Planning and Sponsorship PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Search Account Manager - The Leading Media Agency - PPC Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London