Wonga.com hires Damian Peachey from Yahoo ahead of expansion
Wonga.com has brought in Damian Peachey from Yahoo as it seeks to strengthen its comms team.
Wonga.com: A market leader (Copyright: Wonga.com)
The appointment of Peachey to become head of media relations comes amid reports the UK payday loan market leader plans to expand internationally.
Peachey has joined the company having headed up PR at Yahoo UK and consumer PR for Yahoo EMEA.
Before this, his 17 years of comms experience included stints at Phones4U and BT Consumer.
Last year, PRWeek reported that the company was on the hunt for agency support while being investigated by the Office of Fair Trading amid fears that it was preying on those in financial trouble.
The company recently reported that it had handed out more than 3.5 million loans, totalling £1bn, but faces a Government clampdown on the sector.
In November, it was announced that the financial services bill would be changed to allow a cap to be put on short-term loans from 2014.
Wonga.com confirmed the appointment but declined to comment further.
However, PRWeek understands the move is part of a wider strengthening of the company’s PR team.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Client Facing Project Manager Twist Recruitment £24000 - £27000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Midweight- senior Digital Project Manager Twist Recruitment £35000 - £55000 per annum + bonus, City of London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k (freelance & perm) Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- Digital Performance Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Social Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Account Director - Leading Communications Agency Digital Gurus £43000 - £50000 Per Annum Up to £50K + Bens, London