Wonga.com hires Damian Peachey from Yahoo ahead of expansion
Wonga.com has brought in Damian Peachey from Yahoo as it seeks to strengthen its comms team.
Wonga.com: A market leader (Copyright: Wonga.com)
The appointment of Peachey to become head of media relations comes amid reports the UK payday loan market leader plans to expand internationally.
Peachey has joined the company having headed up PR at Yahoo UK and consumer PR for Yahoo EMEA.
Before this, his 17 years of comms experience included stints at Phones4U and BT Consumer.
Last year, PRWeek reported that the company was on the hunt for agency support while being investigated by the Office of Fair Trading amid fears that it was preying on those in financial trouble.
The company recently reported that it had handed out more than 3.5 million loans, totalling £1bn, but faces a Government clampdown on the sector.
In November, it was announced that the financial services bill would be changed to allow a cap to be put on short-term loans from 2014.
Wonga.com confirmed the appointment but declined to comment further.
However, PRWeek understands the move is part of a wider strengthening of the company’s PR team.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Annual Report Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £180 - £200 per day, London
- Agency Account Manager - email marketing Stopgap £28000 - £29000 per annum, London
- PHP Developer Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Manchester
- Global Head of Social Media EMR £80000 - £90000 per annum, Slough