Wonga.com hires Damian Peachey from Yahoo ahead of expansion
Wonga.com has brought in Damian Peachey from Yahoo as it seeks to strengthen its comms team.
Wonga.com: A market leader (Copyright: Wonga.com)
The appointment of Peachey to become head of media relations comes amid reports the UK payday loan market leader plans to expand internationally.
Peachey has joined the company having headed up PR at Yahoo UK and consumer PR for Yahoo EMEA.
Before this, his 17 years of comms experience included stints at Phones4U and BT Consumer.
Last year, PRWeek reported that the company was on the hunt for agency support while being investigated by the Office of Fair Trading amid fears that it was preying on those in financial trouble.
The company recently reported that it had handed out more than 3.5 million loans, totalling £1bn, but faces a Government clampdown on the sector.
In November, it was announced that the financial services bill would be changed to allow a cap to be put on short-term loans from 2014.
Wonga.com confirmed the appointment but declined to comment further.
However, PRWeek understands the move is part of a wider strengthening of the company’s PR team.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London
- Brand / Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Salaries from £40K - £85K, Central London