YouTube plans to challenge cable and Netflix with paid-for channels
YouTube is planning the next phase of its development and is reported to be launching pay-per-view channels, which would see it challenge cable TV as well as streaming services such as Netflix and LoveFilm.
YouTube: reportedly set to launch pay-per-view channels
According to various reports, Google's YouTube has been in contact with a number of content producers with a view to supplying it with programming, which could be priced in the region of $1 to $5 (63p to £3.17) a month.Follow @gordonmacmillan
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Project Manager/Account Manager £30k - £35k 6 month contract Fill Recruitment Ltd £30k - £35k, Central/west London
- Web Development Manager Simply Media TV £34,000, NOHO, London