Mischief grabs Birds Eye brief as Iglo Group seeks to 'own' teatime
Frozen food brand Birds Eye has handed its consolidated consumer and b2b PR and social media work to Mischief.
Polar bear: Birds Eye character
Birds Eye marketing director Margaret Jobling told PRWeek that consolidating the work with one agency would enable the frozen food giant to work in a more streamlined and agile way, to ‘put more money into ideas and work more effectively’.
Jobling said the agency will now focus on producing bigger ideas faster, ‘turning the volume up’ on previous activity, and is aiming to 'own' teatime and mid-week dining through social media. ‘It’s such a big channel and we felt PR was in that space,’ she added.
Incumbent Freud Communications had held the account for six years and did not formally repitch for the work. Mercieca was previously employed for b2b PR and Glue Isobar for social media.
Birds Eye recently shifted its European corporate work from Freuds to incumbent financial agency Pelham Bell Pottinger.
The pitch process, reported by PRWeek at the end of January, is understood to have been handled by Creativebrief.
The consolidated consumer, b2b and social media work could be worth up to £500,000, according to agency sources with knowledge of the brief.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £32000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, City of London