Facebook follows Twitter with verified pages launch
Facebook is following in the footsteps of Twitter by launching verified pages to allow people to identify authentic accounts of brands and celebrities on its network.
Facebook: launches verified pages to identify authentic brands
Verified pages will now have a blue check mark beside the name of the brand or celebrity in the timeline, in search results and in news feed ads.
Brands will not be able to request to have their page verified due to the decision being made by Facebook, but they can report fake accounts that are impersonating their business.
Facebook will begin by verifying pages that are at the greatest risk of duplication.
A Facebook spokeswoman said it was integrating verified pages to "make it easier for people to find and engage with businesses and brands".
The news comes after Facebook announced it was reviewing its guidelines and updating training after admitting systems to identify and remove hate speech had "failed to work as effectively as we would like".
Facebook was forced into the changes after brands including Nationwide pulled advertising from the social network after ads appeared next to content supporting domestic violence.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)