Ricky Gervais film promoted via augmented reality first in The Times
LONDON - The Times is running its first augmented reality campaign, as part of a sponsored supplement to promote the DVD release of the family film 'Night at the Museum 2'.
The 20th Century Fox film is being promoted with a pull-out supplement in The Times's T2 section on 6 November. Part of the supplement will be an insert that, when held up to a computer webcam when the user is on the 'Night at the Museum 2' website, will bring up the museum, with characters from the film appearing to jump out of the computer screen.
It is the first time the newspaper has used augmented reality in one of the ad campaigns it has run.
The supplement will also carry educational information and features about different characters in the film, which stars Ben Stiller and Ricky Gervais.
Laura Elloway, senior product manager at Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, said: "We are very excited to be running this unique activity with The Times.
"Through its various sections and supplements including T2 and Young Times, The Times provides us with a great way to speak to adventurers of all ages, and we are looking forward to bringing 'Night at the Museum 2' to life in homes across the country via the exciting augmented reality insert."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Innovation Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + benefits, London
- Digital Marketing Officer AF Selection Up to £23,000, Coventry
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, South East