Conde Nast plans to put magazines on Apple's Tablet
LONDON - Conde Nast has added to the speculation that Apple is developing a tablet device after it said it was working on a digital version of Wired magazine for the secret device as well as most of its other titles.
Conde Nast has said it will have a version of Wired magazine ready for Apple's talked about gadget by the middle of next year, according to a report in All Things Digital.
The publisher of Vogue, GQ and Conde Nast Traveller said it would work on producing versions that could run on Apple's Tablet for 18 of its titles, which it plans to charge readers to access offering a potential new source of digital revenue.
The news comes despite Apple not officially announcing it has a tablet device in the works, but a number of publishers have now said they are working on developing digital versions of their magazines that could run on a tablet computer be it Apple's or those produced by other technology firms such as Hewlett-Packard.
Earlier this year it was reported that Apple was planning to launch a touchscreen tablet netbook device to bridge the gap between its £250 iPod Touch and £650 MacBook.
Conde Nast has already developed its content for the iPhone, with GQ available, and its says that magazines developed for tablet computers will include the same content found in the printed magazine, but with added multimedia such as video and web links.
Conde Nast joins the New York Times which has also been talking about the device. Other publishers such as News Corporation are putting some hope that e-readers or tablet computers will help deliver the kind of digital revenues that the web has not. refuses to talk about possible talks with Steve Jobs and company.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire