Nokia app store passes one million downloads a day mark
LONDON - Nokia's Ovi application store is now attracting one million downloads a day around the world, the company has claimed.
Nokia: Ovi app store attracting a million downloads a day
The store was launched in May last year, allowing the handset manufacturer to join the progress in apps being made by rivals such as Apple and by Google's open source Android platform. Ovi Apps include Ovi Maps, as well as business tools and games.
In addition, five million Ovi Mail accounts have been activated since late 2008. Ovi Mail is a free email service aimed at users in emerging countries who do not have access to computers.
The statistics were contained in Nokia's fourth quarter 2009 earnings release, which shows the Finnish handset maker sold 126.9 mobile devices, up 12% year on year.
Net sales fell 5.3% to €11.98bn and operating profit rose 131.9% to €1.14bn.
Read more on Brand Republic
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...