BR Video: Public demonstrate patchy awareness of online TV services
LONDON - With the recent launch of MSN Player and SeeSaw, TV has never been easier to watch online, but awareness of Video on Demand (VoD) services is low among members of the public interviewed in the latest BR Video produced by Vox Pops International.
Asked whether they watched TV programmes online, some said they are "not too aware" and have a "lack of knowledge" about online services.
Others said it was easier to watch programmes on TV with one man stating, "I watch TV programmes on the telly because I like the TV format and not the internet format".
When quizzed about which online services they knew about, the majority cited the popular BBC iPlayer, while a few mentioned ITV and Sky's catch-up services.
Only one out of the eight people questioned mentioned Channel 4, revealing lack of brand awareness for the 4oD service. None mentioned MSN Player or SeeSaw, which both launched this year.
Those who do watch TV online state they do it to "catch up" on programmes they have missed and find the on-demand service "convenient".
However, many had difficulty using the service. One man complained about the quality of the services, citing "slow streaming which is not as fluid", while a 24-year-old woman found the pre-roll adverts at the beginning of the programme "annoying".
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...