Coca-Cola and Pepsi bury hatchet on Twitter
LONDON - Coca-Cola and Pepsi have tentatively buried their decades old competitive rivalry, and are now sharing tweets and following each other on Twitter.
Coca Cola and Pepsi forgive and forget
As part of a social experiment between the bitterest of fizzy drinks rivals, creative agency Amnesia Razorfish invited the two companies - both on Twitter, but not fellow followers - to go out on a limb and acknowledge one another.
Amnesia Razorfish founder Iain McDonald explained the experiment on his blog, which details the encounter, and said: "Oh we all know Coke and Pepsi are age old bitter rivals but this is a new age of 'social' and we want to see something change between these arch enemies - even if it is just courtesy."
McDonald said: "And just like that, the world feels like a slightly better place.
Ahh maybe Twitter really is more than just 'what I ate for breakfast.'"
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager - Leading App Company - Ad Operations Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + bonus, London
- Group Account Director and Business Director air recruitment Up to £75k dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London