Coca-Cola and Pepsi bury hatchet on Twitter
LONDON - Coca-Cola and Pepsi have tentatively buried their decades old competitive rivalry, and are now sharing tweets and following each other on Twitter.
Coca Cola and Pepsi forgive and forget
As part of a social experiment between the bitterest of fizzy drinks rivals, creative agency Amnesia Razorfish invited the two companies - both on Twitter, but not fellow followers - to go out on a limb and acknowledge one another.
Amnesia Razorfish founder Iain McDonald explained the experiment on his blog, which details the encounter, and said: "Oh we all know Coke and Pepsi are age old bitter rivals but this is a new age of 'social' and we want to see something change between these arch enemies - even if it is just courtesy."
McDonald said: "And just like that, the world feels like a slightly better place.
Ahh maybe Twitter really is more than just 'what I ate for breakfast.'"
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...