Google Earth + augmented reality = wow
LONDON - Academics at a US university are laying the foundations of a new form of digital marketing that involves augmenting Google Earth with dynamic information to create a living city.
An American Football match being played in Google Earth
Academics at the Georgia Institute of Technology have created an 'as live' version of Google Earth in which cars travel on motorways, people play in parks and shops and offices are open for business.
The technology (displayed in this video which manages to make something exciting seem rather dull) could herald a wave of new marketing opportunities for companies looking to promote their range of services.
Shopping centres, theme parks, high street shops and car manufacturers could potentially use the technology to showcase their wares in a life-like scenario.
The technology is still at an early stage but will be the subject of a thesis by academics of the Georgia Institute of Technology.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)