MTV next-generation: iconic music awards arrive on Habbo
LONDON - Habbo Hotel, the virtual world for teenagers, has teamed up with the MTV Europe Music Awards to create a branded space in which users can hang out back stage and emulate pop stars by winning a virtual award.
MTV Awards on Habbo
The site, which claims to pull in 14 million monthly unique visitors a month, gives Habbo members the chance to vote for their favourite artists, and join their friends in activities and competitions built around the MTV Europe Music Awards.
Habbo members can visit the main stage, walk on the red carpet and access back stage areas. They also have the chance to win a select number of virtual MTV Europe Music Awards, which they can show off to their Habbo friends.
Christian Batist, senior vice-president of marketing at Sulake Corporation, the creator of Habbo and other online worlds such as MyCoke, said: "Music is the sole biggest asset that our teen users value in their lives, and thus we are extremely happy to partner with MTV Europe Music Awards.
"The highly involving activities in Habbo will allow us to activate a massive music-loving user base to take part in the awards. We aim to generate massive amounts of votes for the MTV Europe Music Awards from our Habbo audiences around the world."
MTV will hope that the move will help boost its brand with the next generation of music lovers. The music channel famously spawned a generation of music fans but is working hard to remain popular with young users online.
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Senior UI Designer Zebra People £45000 - £55000 per annum + lots of benefits., City of London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...