MTV next-generation: iconic music awards arrive on Habbo
LONDON - Habbo Hotel, the virtual world for teenagers, has teamed up with the MTV Europe Music Awards to create a branded space in which users can hang out back stage and emulate pop stars by winning a virtual award.
MTV Awards on Habbo
The site, which claims to pull in 14 million monthly unique visitors a month, gives Habbo members the chance to vote for their favourite artists, and join their friends in activities and competitions built around the MTV Europe Music Awards.
Habbo members can visit the main stage, walk on the red carpet and access back stage areas. They also have the chance to win a select number of virtual MTV Europe Music Awards, which they can show off to their Habbo friends.
Christian Batist, senior vice-president of marketing at Sulake Corporation, the creator of Habbo and other online worlds such as MyCoke, said: "Music is the sole biggest asset that our teen users value in their lives, and thus we are extremely happy to partner with MTV Europe Music Awards.
"The highly involving activities in Habbo will allow us to activate a massive music-loving user base to take part in the awards. We aim to generate massive amounts of votes for the MTV Europe Music Awards from our Habbo audiences around the world."
MTV will hope that the move will help boost its brand with the next generation of music lovers. The music channel famously spawned a generation of music fans but is working hard to remain popular with young users online.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London