Cadbury unleashes online games for return of Creme Egg season
LONDON - Cadbury is celebrating the return of the "Creme Egg season" through a new digital campaign devised by CMW and PHD.
Cadbury: prepares for Creme Egg season
The campaign, which continues the "goo on the loose" theme, incorporates a variety of social network sites, as well as the re-launch of www.cremeegg.co.uk.
The new site features a online game called "your country needs goo", which challenges users to find eggs hidden on various internet sites, including Yahoo!, YouTube and MSN.
Each egg contains a unique code that users can type in for a chance to win a selection of prizes. Points will also be awarded for every egg found, with the person with the highest score at the end of the challenge winning a grand prize.
As well as the game, the Creme Egg site also includes a collection of new and old Creme Egg ads, as well as a downloadable mobile app.
Other Creme Egg-themed games have also been seeded on social networking sites, including "goo am I?", an interactive quiz that can be found on its Facebook page.
The campaign will be supported by a series of banner ads, and augmented reality and iPhone apps will also be released as the goo season continues.
The site was first launched in January 2008 as part of the then new 'Here today, goo tomorrow' campaign by Publicis, which was designed to focus consumers on the fact that Creme Eggs are only available from the start of the year until Easter.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- SEO Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000, Leicestershire
- Account Director - Fashion Beauty and Youth Industry Sectors. Spectrum £45,000 - £50,000, London