Cadbury unleashes online games for return of Creme Egg season
LONDON - Cadbury is celebrating the return of the "Creme Egg season" through a new digital campaign devised by CMW and PHD.
Cadbury: prepares for Creme Egg season
The campaign, which continues the "goo on the loose" theme, incorporates a variety of social network sites, as well as the re-launch of www.cremeegg.co.uk.
The new site features a online game called "your country needs goo", which challenges users to find eggs hidden on various internet sites, including Yahoo!, YouTube and MSN.
Each egg contains a unique code that users can type in for a chance to win a selection of prizes. Points will also be awarded for every egg found, with the person with the highest score at the end of the challenge winning a grand prize.
As well as the game, the Creme Egg site also includes a collection of new and old Creme Egg ads, as well as a downloadable mobile app.
Other Creme Egg-themed games have also been seeded on social networking sites, including "goo am I?", an interactive quiz that can be found on its Facebook page.
The campaign will be supported by a series of banner ads, and augmented reality and iPhone apps will also be released as the goo season continues.
The site was first launched in January 2008 as part of the then new 'Here today, goo tomorrow' campaign by Publicis, which was designed to focus consumers on the fact that Creme Eggs are only available from the start of the year until Easter.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...