Shop Direct in push to link print to digital marketing
Shop Direct aligning its print catalogue and burgeoning online business by integrating augmented reality into magazines to drive cross-platform engagement.
Shop Direct: pushes digital marketing
The retail group, which owns brands including Littlewoods, Very and isme, is building on its heritage in catalogue-based retailing by modernising magazines with technology provided by Aurasma.
It is trialling the technology with its first interactive editorial in the April edition of the Littlewoods.com bi-monthly magazine.
An image of celebrity interior designer Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen will initiate a behind-the-scenes video of the designer, which will introduce his range of homewares when a mobile device equipped with the Aurasma app is pointed at it.
After the trial, the retailer is planning to introduce augmented reality content across its entire brand portfolio.
Gareth Jones, group retail director at Shop Direct, said: "Bringing our printed publications to life with exclusive and interactive video content will help us to drive further cross-platform engagement with our brands and to increase traffic and conversion."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London