MEC appoints Jonathan Edwards to data and tech role
MEC has appointed Jonathan Edwards to the newly created role of data and technology services director.
Jonathan Edwards: appointed data and technology services director at MEC
Edwards, formerly a consultant at Deloitte and senior commercial and analysis controller at BSkyB, has been brought in to focus on accelerating the GroupM agency's competencies in data.
He will report to David Fletcher, head of analytics and insight, and will be joining a 27-strong analytics and insight team that will be covering analytics, technology, social insights and research.
In addition to this move, Richard Lloyd, formerly head of digital insights and analytics at MEC, has been promoted to take on a predominantly global remit.
David Fletcher, head of analytics and insight at MEC, said: "We are delighted to welcome Jonathan to our ever-expanding analytics and insight team. His business intelligence and consulting competence will be invaluable in a team that is increasingly seen by clients as a valued business partner.
"We needed somebody with experience in dealing with event-level data – somebody who can understand millions of records, not just small sample sets, and Jonathan's experience will enable us to further integrate this data into our clients' marketing strategies."
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London