Facebook to launch advertising ROI tool
Facebook is testing a tool that it claims will help marketers track the return on investment from advertising campaigns on the social networking platform.
Facebook: rolls out ROI tool
The one-billion strong social network has been under ever greater pressure from marketers to prove the ROI of its advertising, and it claims the tool has been "highly requested".
Its new conversion measurement tool follows off-Facebook actions generated from Facebook ads. These actions could be check-out clicks on an e-commerce site, or a registration, for example.
The tool is aimed at helping direct response marketers, such as e-retailers.
Facebook claims the tool, which is available via its Ads Manager, will help marketers optimise future campaigns for better ROI. It also enables advertisers to use optimised cost per impression (CPM) bidding, to show ads to people more likely to convert on their off-Facebook site.
It plans to roll out the tool globally at the end of this month. According to Facebook, designer items retailer Fab.com, which has been trialling the tool, has dropped its cost per acquisition by 39% after optimising its CPM using the tool.
Since going public in February, Facebook has been working hard to prove the value of its advertising. This issue was thrown into focus, when one of the world’s largest advertisers, General Motors, pulled its ad spend from Facebook.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...