Taboo drink to relaunch through 23red
LONDON - First Drinks has hired 23red to revitalise iconic 80s drinks brand Taboo.
The ready-to-drink brand -- a mix of vodka, white wine and fruit juices -- was launched in 1988 but has had little marketing support in recent years.
First Drinks hopes to revive the RTD category and position Taboo as an attractive choice for its target 18- to 24-year-old female market.
A sizeable below-the-line campaign is expected to break in May, comprising viral and mobile activity as well as radio, events, point-of-sale activity, PR and experiential marketing. First Drinks is also looking at sponsorship opportunities.
The campaign will build on the launch of its pineapple and tropical juices-flavoured Taboo Blue, which made its debut in the UK last summer.
The drinks company, whose portfolio includes Glenfiddich, Disaronno, De Kuyper and Mateus Rose, has consolidated Taboo's marketing into 23red; previous activity targeting the on-trade was handled by a number of agencies on a project basis.
First Drinks spent less than £8000 on consumer marketing in 2005, split between press and radio, according to Nielsen Media.
Taboo ran a series of on-trade promotions called "Get summerised with Taboo" in August 2005 in 200 Spirit Group outlets. The activity gave consumers the chance to win summer holidays.
First Drinks is an independent company backed by Bacardi-Martini and William Grant & Sons.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Agile Programme Manager - Games / Mobile / software development Digital Gurus £55000 - £72000 Per Annum, London