Taboo drink to relaunch through 23red
LONDON - First Drinks has hired 23red to revitalise iconic 80s drinks brand Taboo.
The ready-to-drink brand -- a mix of vodka, white wine and fruit juices -- was launched in 1988 but has had little marketing support in recent years.
First Drinks hopes to revive the RTD category and position Taboo as an attractive choice for its target 18- to 24-year-old female market.
A sizeable below-the-line campaign is expected to break in May, comprising viral and mobile activity as well as radio, events, point-of-sale activity, PR and experiential marketing. First Drinks is also looking at sponsorship opportunities.
The campaign will build on the launch of its pineapple and tropical juices-flavoured Taboo Blue, which made its debut in the UK last summer.
The drinks company, whose portfolio includes Glenfiddich, Disaronno, De Kuyper and Mateus Rose, has consolidated Taboo's marketing into 23red; previous activity targeting the on-trade was handled by a number of agencies on a project basis.
First Drinks spent less than £8000 on consumer marketing in 2005, split between press and radio, according to Nielsen Media.
Taboo ran a series of on-trade promotions called "Get summerised with Taboo" in August 2005 in 200 Spirit Group outlets. The activity gave consumers the chance to win summer holidays.
First Drinks is an independent company backed by Bacardi-Martini and William Grant & Sons.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London