Taboo drink to relaunch through 23red
LONDON - First Drinks has hired 23red to revitalise iconic 80s drinks brand Taboo.
The ready-to-drink brand -- a mix of vodka, white wine and fruit juices -- was launched in 1988 but has had little marketing support in recent years.
First Drinks hopes to revive the RTD category and position Taboo as an attractive choice for its target 18- to 24-year-old female market.
A sizeable below-the-line campaign is expected to break in May, comprising viral and mobile activity as well as radio, events, point-of-sale activity, PR and experiential marketing. First Drinks is also looking at sponsorship opportunities.
The campaign will build on the launch of its pineapple and tropical juices-flavoured Taboo Blue, which made its debut in the UK last summer.
The drinks company, whose portfolio includes Glenfiddich, Disaronno, De Kuyper and Mateus Rose, has consolidated Taboo's marketing into 23red; previous activity targeting the on-trade was handled by a number of agencies on a project basis.
First Drinks spent less than £8000 on consumer marketing in 2005, split between press and radio, according to Nielsen Media.
Taboo ran a series of on-trade promotions called "Get summerised with Taboo" in August 2005 in 200 Spirit Group outlets. The activity gave consumers the chance to win summer holidays.
First Drinks is an independent company backed by Bacardi-Martini and William Grant & Sons.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on Marketing
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...