TNT Post looks to text response to bring new business
LONDON - TNT Post, the UK postal service, has launched an advertising and mailing campaign with a text response and mobile download element.
It has decided to use the mobile phone channel rather than the internet as the medium to give interested prospects more information about the company, having decided it speeds up response rates. It also allows TNT's saleforce to make follow up calls.
The marketing materials invite people to text 'TNT Post' to the number 60123. They are sent back a link to the TNT Post mobile internet site, from which they can download more information including testimonial videos from current TNT clients Sky and Lloyds TSB.
Other downloads include information on each of TNT Post's services and benefits and TNT career opportunities.
TNT has also set up a text service allowing people to donate to its charity partner, the UN World Food Programme. By texting FOOD GIVE to 60123, approximately £1.04 will go to the WFP.
Simon Dolph, head of marketing and communications at TNT Post, said: "Text messaging started out as a popular craze but now it has developed into an essential communication tool for all ages so it is a natural extension of our marketing activity. We look forward to developing new ways in which we can use this technology to enhance our communications with current and prospective clients."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)