Royal Mail to incentivise greener direct mail
LONDON - Royal Mail is encouraging greener direct mail from April by offering lower prices to mail that follows environmental guidelines.
The service, Sustainable Mail, has been developed to sit alongside PAS 2020, the new BSI standard on reducing the environmental impact of direct mail developed by Royal Mail, ISBA, the DMA and Acxiom.
To avail of the new pricing structure, mail will have to satisfy three key environmental criteria: improved sustainability, minimised waste and increased recyclability.
Royal says the service is aimed at increasing the use of environmentally-friendly materials, while reducing the amount of mail in the waste stream.
From April 2009, Mailsort® 120 and 700 and Mailsort® 1400 will be the first Royal Mail products to offer a sustainable option.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London