Carlsberg unveils Euro 2012 app
Carlsberg has launched a Euro 2012 news and entertainment mobile app, as part of its sponsorship of the football tournament.
Carlsberg: launches Euro 2012 mobile app
The app, which is free to download from the Android and iTunes stores, will offer football fans access to exclusive content and news in the run-up to, and during, this summer's tournament in Poland and Ukraine.
It was developed by Motain, a specialist sports mobile company that claims to have created the world's most popular World Cup 2010 app.
Features include daily news, live game commentary, constantly updated football stats, and a bar-finder for fans attending the games. There will also be exclusive content featuring Carlsberg brand ambassador Peter Schmeichel.
The app is part of a raft of activity being used to activate the lager brand's sponsorship of the European football tournament.
Last year, it launched a Facebook-focused marketing campaign, 'What would you do to be there?' which gives fans the chance to win tickets by taking part in challenges.
The drive will be supported in the UK by TV, outdoor, on-pack and point of sale.
As Carlsberg is also the official beer of the England team, it has developed a bespoke app on the 'Carlsberg For England' Facebook page, which features UK brand ambassador Gareth Southgate challenging consumers to prove what they would do to be at the championship.
The brewer will also lay on 'Carlsberg Fan Camps', five accommodation zones in Poland where fans can stay during the tournament.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...