Reebok fitness competition lands TV slot
Reebok, the sportswear brand, has partnered with sports broadcaster Eurosport to produce a TV show documenting the Reebok-sponsored CrossFit Fitness Championships.
Reebok: CrossFit competition will be broadcast on Eurosport
'The Box' starts on Saturday (14 April) and will feature people competing in the 2012 Reebok CrossFit Fitness Championships in the UK, Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Russia and Sweden.
The partnership with Eurosport coincides with 'The Sport of Fitness Has Arrived' – Reebok's global integrated marketing campaign. It aims to use Reebok's association with CrossFit to change the way people think about fitness.
Reebok signed a long-term partnership with the strength and conditioning programme CrossFit in 2010. The CrossFit Games challenge people to test their fitness through a series of CrossFit workouts.
'The Box', so called because CrossFitters call their gym a "box", will broadcast every Saturday morning for 16 weeks. Each show will be repeated the following week.
Online, a dedicated website (http://thebox.eurosport.com/uk/index) will provide information about how to enter the championships as well as general information about CrossFit, local events and 'The Box' TV schedule.
Katrin Ley, brand director for Reebok, EMEA, said: "The fact that Europe's leading sports broadcaster is documenting and televising the 2012 Reebok CrossFit Fitness Championships demonstrates a shift in the way that people perceive and define fitness.
"We believe that CrossFit can be as exciting as any sport because of the incredible camaraderie, competition and fun that it brings.
"We're in a year of major sporting events, and the 2012 Reebok CrossFit Fitness Championships is an accessible competition open to all fitness enthusiasts across Europe."
Last week Eurosport and BSkyB announced that Eurosport's 3D coverage of the London 2012 Olympic Games would be broadcast on Sky 3D, the UK’s only 3D channel.
Eurosport will be the only commercial channel with live Olympic footage in the UK.
The BBC has the 2D broadcast rights for the tournament in the UK and has announced it will partner with pay-TV operators Sky and Virgin Media to offer 24 channels of live action from the tournament.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...