PHD lands bulk of Unilever media planning
Unilever is set to appoint PHD to handle the bulk of its £3 billion global communications planning business.
Marmite: media goes to PHD
The appointment comes midway through a review of global media agency arrangements, which also includes buying in most markets.
It is understood that PHD and Unilever are in the final stages of concluding a contract. Mindshare was the incumbent.
PHD is expected to be responsible for Unilever's flagship brands including Lynx, Dove, VO5, Marmite and Hellmann's.
While PHD is set to scoop the majority of the centralised planning account, Interpublic is expected to handle planning for a small proportion of Unilever's brands across several markets in a tie-up between Lowe and Initiative.
PHD is set to pick up all of the food and personal care brands. The household brands, which include Persil and Domestos, are expected to be divided up between PHD and Interpublic, but specifics are yet to be finalised.
Unilever is continuing to review its buying arrangements by market. Duties are currently split between Mindshare, Initiative and PHD. Reports suggest that Mindshare has retained the US buying account, but this has yet to be confirmed.
A review of its European buying, split between Mindshare and PHD, is now expected for the end of July, while South-East Asia is believed to be scheduled for mid-July.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- MD or GM Qatar Lucy Cooper £85-100k+ plus bonus; salary dependent on experience, Qatar
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...