Agencies line up for global Lipton digital and direct task
Unilever is holding a global digital and direct marketing pitch for its Lipton Ice Tea and Lipton hot drink brands.
Lipton: pitch includes Lipton Ice Tea and Lipton hot drinks
The company has approached a number of agencies on its roster to start the process. Work is expected to focus on digital and direct activity as well as some above-the-line advertising globally, as it also looks to launch a new teapot product in a bid to make tea more appealing to younger consumers.
Lipton's review follows recent promotional support behind the brand that involved the creation of a sampling campaign, "teavolution", that targeted 18- to 24-year-olds using the line: "Surprisingly refreshing and tasty."
Before this recent UK activity, Lipton ran a 2010 global TV and online ad campaign, created by DDB Paris, that featured the brand's global ambassador, the Australian actor Hugh Jackman, best known for playing the role of Wolverine in the X-Men series of films.
In the UK, the ads were only launched online - although they were aired on TV in other markets - in a bid to target a younger audience.
DDB has worked with Lipton across its global business since 2007. The brand also uses a number of other agencies including OgilvyOne in the UK.
Britvic acquired the UK distribution rights to Lipton Ice Tea in 2009 as part of an agreement with Pepsi Lipton International, the company jointly owned by Unilever and PepsiCo.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...