Pepsi pits One Direction against NFL star in Live For Now push
Pepsi's 'Live for Now' campaign starring UK pop act One Direction battling NFL player Drew Brees has premiered on the brand's social media channels.
Pepsi: new 'Live for now' ad
The ad by TBWA\Chiat\Day features Brees and One Direction's Harry Styles fighting over the last Pepsi in a branded fridge. They are soon joined by the rest of the band who battle with Brees over who is more worthy of the final can.
Finally, Brees offers to become the sixth member of One Direction in exchange for surrendering the can.
The ad debuted on Pepsi’s social media channels. It will air on TV in the US during the MLB playoffs, the World Series, NFL season and 'The X Factor', which is sponsored by Pepsi Max.
Additional social media marketing includes a tie up with Shazaam, whereby consumers that use the digital music app in conjunction with the ad both on TV and online will be able to view exclusive content and link back to iTunes to buy One Direction’s new singe, 'Live While We’re Young'.
Angelique Krembs, vice president of marketing at Pepsi USA, said: "This campaign brings together iconic figures from both of those worlds in a fun and memorable way that only Pepsi could deliver."
One Direction were first reported to have signed a deal with Pepsi last month. Nicky Minaj and the Michael Jackson estate also appear in spots for the brand's global "Live for now" campaign.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...