Asia-Pacific to be largest ad market by 2014
Asia-Pacific is expected to overtake North America to become the biggest regional ad market by the end of 2014, fuelled by an expansion in digital advertising and growth in China, new research suggests.
China: expected to be world’s second-largest ad market by 2013
According to the report, from eMarketer and Starcom MediaVest Group, advertising will be worth $197.39 billion (£123.28 billion) in Asia-Pacific in 2014, when North America is predicted to be worth £192.84 billion.
China is expected to become the world's second-largest ad market in 2013, behind the US, and then the second-largest digital advertising market the following year, also behind the US.
Global adspend is expected to rise from an estimated $538.75 billion in 2012 to $676.17 billion by 2016 - an increase of 15.5 per cent.
Meanwhile, the Western European ad market is expected to rise from $120.64 billion in 2012 to $131.99 billion in 2016, but the region's share of global adspend will decline from 22.4 per cent to 19.5 per cent.
The report predicts that the proportion of ad budgets spent online in the UK will increase from 35.7 per cent of the ad market in 2012 to an estimated 44 per cent by 2016.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)