Asia-Pacific to be largest ad market by 2014
Asia-Pacific is expected to overtake North America to become the biggest regional ad market by the end of 2014, fuelled by an expansion in digital advertising and growth in China, new research suggests.
China: expected to be world’s second-largest ad market by 2013
According to the report, from eMarketer and Starcom MediaVest Group, advertising will be worth $197.39 billion (£123.28 billion) in Asia-Pacific in 2014, when North America is predicted to be worth £192.84 billion.
China is expected to become the world's second-largest ad market in 2013, behind the US, and then the second-largest digital advertising market the following year, also behind the US.
Global adspend is expected to rise from an estimated $538.75 billion in 2012 to $676.17 billion by 2016 - an increase of 15.5 per cent.
Meanwhile, the Western European ad market is expected to rise from $120.64 billion in 2012 to $131.99 billion in 2016, but the region's share of global adspend will decline from 22.4 per cent to 19.5 per cent.
The report predicts that the proportion of ad budgets spent online in the UK will increase from 35.7 per cent of the ad market in 2012 to an estimated 44 per cent by 2016.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...