Eye hires Matthew Wilkinson to head up business
UK outdoor media owner Eye has appointed Matthew Wilkinson to the role of business leader, mobile, with immediate effect, as its new Australian owner seeks to sell the UK business on.
Eye: outdoor group's Amplify sites incorporate NFC technology
Wilkinson has been briefed with spearheading Eye's Amplify and emerging technology proposition, selling direct to clients and helping the agency team create mobile led solutions.
According to Eye, Wilkinson brings with him "over 11 years of mobile sales experience", with his most recent role being head of business development at Lumata.
Sarah Parkes, executive vice-president and general manager at Eye, said: "We are delighted to welcome Matthew into the Eye team at such an exciting time for us. Specialising in mobile media strategy and technology, Matthew will be a fantastic support in developing our mobile media solutions at Eye."
Wilkinson said: "This is a great opportunity for me to develop my career in the advertising industry with a brand that's dedicated to the new era of advanced mobile and technology advertising solutions."
Eye's parent company Eye Corps was recently sold by Australia's Ten Network Holding to another Australian company, Outdoor Media Operations (OMO). According to Ten, OMO wants to sell on the UK and US operations of Eye Corps to a third party or parties, which Ten will assist with.
Ten announced that it would be selling Eye in July when it was revealed that Ten and OMO had had initial conversations with potential buyers of the UK business, including digital outdoor specialist ECNlive.
In June, Canon became the first client to plan a campaign across Eye's Amplify sites, which allow passengers to interact with Eye sites in malls and airports worldwide, through embedded near field communication (NFC) technology, QR codes and SMS functionality.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London