News Corp Australia appoints UM, Mediacom and ZenithOptimedia
News Corp Australia has appointed Mediabrands' UM to handle the News Limited business, GroupM's Mediacom to Foxtel and Publicis' ZenithOptimedia to Twentieth Century Fox, after a competitive pitch.
Rupert Murdoch: chairman and CEO of News Corporation
News Corp's media accounts have been consolidated with ZenithOptimedia for the past seven years, reports Campaign Asia Pacific.
News Corp Australia decided to split its media business as part of a groupwide initiative to "put customers at the centre", according to Kim Williams, chief executive, News Limited. He said: "It is imperative that we go to market with detailed, data-driven insights that respond well to expressed needs and consumption preferences."
Williams said the three agencies each have particular strengths that make them "ideal partners".
"During the pitch process it became clear that MediaBrands has a deep understanding of News Limited and the many opportunities for us to grow our business," Williams continued. "UM’s commitment to innovation and their in-house analytical capabilities will be invaluable as we re-engineer News and our brands for all the platforms our consumers love – print, online, mobile, tablet and broadcast."
Richard Freudenstein, chief executive, Foxtel, said Mediacom on the other hand, demonstrated "quality and depth" that will greatly enhance Foxtel’s capacity to tell its story of delivering a better entertainment experience.
Marc Wooldridge, managing director, Twentieth Century Fox, said: "ZenithOptimedia put forward a compelling pitch, demonstrating strategic planning excellence and focus on consumer insights with clear commercial application."
News Corp is expecting to complete its review of its master media brands account in the next few weeks.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...