Radio news & analysis
1. Mark Collins Collins remains the industry s most significant media buyer following the collapse of the Publicis/Omnicom merger. The Group M operation that he spearheads still controls at least a third of all the UK s trackable media spend. He st...
Sharon White, the second permanent secretary at HM Treasury, will be the next chief executive of the broadcasting regulator Ofcom, replacing Ed Richards.
The Radio Advertising Bureau (RAB) has launched an iPhone app called Aerials EarApp, designed to enable advertising creatives to produce "demo" radio ads on their smartphone.
ZenithOptimedia has forecast the UK's measured advertising expenditure increased 5 per cent in 2014, and is set to grow a further 6 per cent in 2015.
Things we like: Condé Nast getting technical, News and mags mobile boost and Digital radio at Christmas
Cond Nast getting technical Cond Nast is pulling out all the stops for the UK launch of the tech news site Ars Technica (from Latin for the "art of technology"). It s the first UK launch since it imported Wired in April 2009. You could be forgi...
The BBC has expanded plans to review its £5 million media account to include the planning and buying business for BBC Orchestras, BBC Worldwide, World Service and Global News.
The Arqiva Hall of Fame 2014, organised by The Radio Academy, will induct Jo Whiley, Vanessa Feltz, Trevor Nelson, Nicky Campbell, Pete Price, Alan Brazil and Barry Cryer into its industry honours list in 2014.
Digital prophets calling the doom of the old world are well past their sell-by date, says Mark Barber, planning director at the Radio Advertising Bureau.
More than 550 leaders from media agencies, media owners and advertisers celebrated creativity in the media business at the Campaign Media Awards, held at the London Hilton on Wednesday 19 October.
Hammerson, the retail property developer, has used a 13-feet automated mechanical model to showcase the wide variety of the Christmas gifts available at its shopping centres.
Bauer Media has repositioned its local radio portfolio in a bid to engage a wider audience.
Ikea's ad that featured tips on how to get a better night's sleep has won the Radio Advertising Bureau's October Aerial Award.
As Sunrise Radio, the South Asian station turns 25, Tony Lit, its managing director, reflects on 10 reasons why the station has been pioneering.
The latest Rajar results show the UK radio industry to be in great shape and should serve as a great wake-up call to advertisers, says Simon Kilby, head of marketplace at Bauer Media.
As 2014 hurtles towards its finale, all advertising data points to a year of two halves - part-fuelled, aptly enough, by football.
Magic, the Bauer Media radio network, has launched a new TV ad, ahead of going national on DAB in January.
Dan Watts creative director, Fallon and Nick Fox founding partner, Atomic London, gave us their take on a selection of ads from the month just gone.
The Radio Advertising Bureau has hired Lucy Barrett, the communications director at JWT, as client director.
The synergies within Bauer Media's newly expanded music portfolio are starting to be realised, with monthly music magazine Q partnering with Absolute Radio to create a CD featuring some of the biggest names in live music.
Footage from last week's Media Week Awards 2014 extravaganza, including interviews with some of the big winners on the night The Guardian, Maxus and PHD.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)